1. Keep your basic information updated – your professional headline, Location & Industry
2. Use professional photos – nobody wants to see your dating profile picture and definitely no animals or others in the photo.
3. Write a good summary about yourself – focus on relevant details about your career, and make sure it is easy to read. Don't be shy, this is your time to show off.
4. Start making connections – continue to connect with like minded people and business which you are interested in.
5. Engage - like a post, write in the comments of a good post. Show you are actively using LinkedIn.